First, I have done it and produce the graph as evidence. I share this example because I found it “easier” than I thought and'd like to help my peers wanting to lose weight. It serves as a concrete example of “you optimize, what you measure” (source: unknown entrepreneur). I use this principle in my life on many fronts from work to budgeting. Anyways, back to healthy weight loss:
- I measure weight every day on Fitbit’s Wifi smart scale, namely Aria. It keeps a log of my weight and shows my progress.
- I culled processed sugar intake. They got it wrong. Sugar is the worst culprit.
- I reduced food and carb intake by prepending every meal with raw salad. Salads can be tasty too.
- For the afternoon snack, I eat simple popcorn (nothing fancy). They are voluminous and fill up tummy.
- Big fan of green tea, specifically Genmaicha. It has a subtle taste, and I drink it hot (not boiling) with every meal instead of water.